YRHS School Community Council (SCC)
What does the SCC do?
- Develops shared responsibility for the learning success and well being of all children and youth
- Encourages and facilitates parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes
- Strives to increase communication between school, community and the Good Spirit School Division
- Directs parental concerns to the appropriate staff members or administrative personnel
Who does the SCC consist of?
- Members voted in through an election process
- Students, teachers, parents and community members
Why should I involve myself with the YRHS SCC?
- To understand the parent, student and community needs for children and their learning
- To work with school staff to help develop and recommend a learning improvement plan
- To provide advice and represent parents and the community to the Board of Education on its policy and programs, educational service delivery and school activities
- To take action to engage parents and community members to develop a shared responsibility for youth learning
Where and when does the SCC meet?
- The SCC meets an average of 6 times per year
- All meetings are hosted at the YRHS
How do I get involved?
- Attend the YRHS SCC annual general meeting in November
- For more information check us out at http://yrh.gssd.ca, click on the ‘Menu’ at the top right and select ‘School Info,’ then on the side select ‘School Community Council'
- Feel free to contact anyone of us listed on the site
- And by the way...”WE DON’T DO FUNDRAISING!”